“ServiceMaster was wonderful to work with! They were very fast, professional and honest. They helped us when our pipes burst in our upstairs master bedroom. I am grateful they were so fast and helpful during such a stressful time.” – April Stahl
Specializing in Mold Remediation
Living or working around mold can have serious repercussions for your health. Homeowners who have mold in their homes have been known to experience allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory issues. Just how hazardous the effects of
If the drying of wet building materials in your home is commenced within 24 hours (assuming clean water), the chances of preventing mold growth are excellent. If building materials remain wet, it is inevitable that mold will start to grow. Therefore, addressing and eliminating moisture problems is the critical first step. Simply put, “Got Moisture? Got Mold!”
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposure include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in an indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and food.
- Mold can be cleaned off hard surfaces with water and detergent
,and prevented from appearing again by drying these surfaces completely. If absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles become moldy, they may need to be replaced.
- Mold growth can be decreased by reducing indoor humidity (to 30-60%):
- Vent bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside.
- Use air conditioners and de-humidifiers.
- Use exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Condensation on cold surfaces such as windows, piping, exterior walls, the roof, and floors can be prevented by adding insulation to your home.
- You do not want to install carpet in areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, such as by a drinking fountain, classroom sink, or on a concrete floor with leaks or frequent condensation.
- Mold growth can be prevented by cleaning and drying any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for home emergencies. For non-emergencies, our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
An independent business licensed to serve you by ServiceMaster Clean & ServiceMaster Restore. Disaster recovery in Alaska: water damage repairs, fire restoration, mold removal, carpet cleaning, smoke odor removal, cleaning pet stains from carpet, red wine carpet stain removal.