Smoke & Odor Removal
“The representative was prompt, thorough, professional, and empathetic to my situation. A home fire is not a pleasant experience, but the insurance company and ServiceMaster made the way back to normal a lot easier.” – A.M.
Fire causes damage both above and below the surface. Within 72 hours, the corrosive by-products of an extinguished fire (smoke, soot, and ashes) can cause irreversible etching on your home fixtures, heirlooms, and appliances, not to mention an objectionable odor.
At ServiceMaster of Alaska, we understand that every minute counts. From our fast response to our proven expertise and ongoing communication, we are committed to restoring your peace of mind. We want you to know that we are returning your home to normal as quickly as possible, and doing the job right.
What to Do While You Wait for Us
We are so glad that you called us for professional help. We will be there shortly. In the meantime, there are several steps you can take to get the restoration process started:
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT to Do While You Wait
- Do not touch carpets, upholstery, walls, or woodwork with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate these porous materials and cause additional damage. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for home emergencies. For non-emergencies, our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
An independent business licensed to serve you by ServiceMaster Clean & ServiceMaster Restore. Disaster recovery in Alaska: water damage repairs, fire restoration, mold removal, carpet cleaning, smoke odor removal, cleaning pet stains from carpet, red wine carpet stain removal.